In 1972 I was in the south of France. I had eaten some bad fish and was in consequence rather ill. As I lay in bed I had a strange recurring vision, there, before me, was a concrete building like a hotel or council block. I could see into the rooms, each of which was continually scanned by an electronic eye. In the rooms were people, everyone of them preoccupied. In one room a person was looking into a mirror and in another a couple were making love but lovelessly, in a third a composer was listening to music through earphones. Around him there were banks of electronic equipment. But all was silence. Like everyone in his place he had been neutralized, made gray and anonymous. The scene was for me one of ordered desolation. It was as if I were looking into a place which had no heart. Next day when I felt better, I went to the beach. As I sat there a poem came to me. It began 'I am the proprietor of the Penguin Cafe. I will tell you things at random.'
- Arshad Noor on Troubled Audit Waters: Trustwave and the Target Breach
- iPad Repair on Charging is not supported with this accessory
- Jakob on VMworld 2010 Recap: SSD Security
- Jonathan Care on Books
- Davi Ottenheimer on Security Slogans
- Jake Conrad on Vaping Harmful to Health
- CrowdStrike uses big data techniques to fight cybercrime — GigaOM Research on Hack Back is Here
- Jeremy on FreshBooks to customers: "probably don't want to use us"
- David Caddick on AC34 Finals: Notes of Interest
- Davi Ottenheimer on AC34 Finals: Notes of Interest
- Dave Caddick on AC34 Finals: Notes of Interest
- As I Was Saying... on USDA Set to Approve Agent Orange Corn (Ingredient 2,4-D)
- Susan Romer on Vaping Harmful to Health
- Curtis Hansley on Vaping Harmful to Health
- protected static (@protectedstatic) on #AC34Fatigue "Look at My Penis Go"